Mar 17, 2012

top o' the mornin' to ya

Here I sit reflecting on the last year.  So much has changed.......this time last year, we were drinking our irish coffee while the entourage arrived at our house 1 by 1.  Head shaving, face painting, then off to our favorite St. Patty's day haunt we went and enjoyed a FULL day of good ole fashioned Irish Fun. 

1 year later, our little downtown house is no longer the meeting place for our crazy debacles, it is now a grown up investment property with a snazzy renter.  I trust our renter will be keeping up the Irish Spirit this day.   We now live in a completely different town in a completely different county, and our little Missy will be joining us any day now(not today, I have plans), who knew everything would be different?

While so much has changed, I vow that so much will stay the same.  It is very important to me that we keep small pieces of our old life that make us who we are.  St. Patty's Day is one of those days.  So while our life has changed my view on this day has not.  It has forever been the one day of the year that we look forward to going out and having a great time with so many of our friends.  It will continue to be that day for us.  It isn't to selfish to ask for 1 day, right?  

Now please excuse me while I dust off my green "St. Patty's Day" heels and gear and get ready to head out to enjoy my favorite holiday.....a little subdued this year.  Lunch with friends!

I hope everyone has a very lucky day!!!

No comments: